Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How do you like that bitches?

I got involved in a hand yesterday that I’m proud of because of the way I played it. I got dealt JJ and opened out of position for $20.00. I got two callers and saw J52 on flop. I was so strong I wanted to appear weak and decided to bet out $20.00. That seemed like a scared bet to me and it worked because I got one caller on the hook. He had about $80.00 in front of him. I thought to myself “How can I get the rest of his money? I know…I will check the flop if it’s not a scare card”. Turn was a blank, I paused and then checked. The other player tanks, then slowly grabs his stack and slides them forward. Bingo! “I call”. River was a blank and I tabled my set. He never showed his cards but I am assuming he was weak and was just making a play. I really don’t think I could have maximized that pot if I played it any other way. I love when a trap works out as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment